The history of the expansion of the Grand Mosque in the Saudi crown
Mosque expansion project that began in the reign of King Saud in the other spring 1375, where the area of the mosque then 28 thousand m2 accommodate about 50 thousand worshipers. And expansion has lasted about 10 years. The foundation stone for the expansion and put in on Thursday, 23 August 1375 April 5, 1956 m. The expansion included several stages to include all parts of the mosque were increases and maintenance of each part on the form in the following:
Street has been opened behind Safa, until the passage of people and cars out Almsai Street and tiling land Almsay cement. The two-storey building endeavor to accommodate the largest possible number of seekers so that the length of the inside quest 394.5 m and width of 20 m and height ground floor of an effort 12:00 and 21:00 upstairs.
In 1374 it established for watering Zamzam building in front of the well of Zamzam .ossar well of Zamzam in the cellar.
Construction of three floors, basement, ground floor, first floor, with the construction of Almsay Btabekaya, and expansion of the day, and has provided the cellar Zamzam water taps and stream user of water.
In the year of 1375 has been replaced by six candlesticks stone Ismail peace be upon him and copper five are lit with electricity.
Included expansion remove buildings were narrowed to the congregation and Taivin in a dish of the day, such as the Zamzam umbrella, and the door of Bani Shaybah, standings four, also included diversion of rainwater between Mount Safa and the building of the Ottoman, it was creating squares, streets, parking and toilets and places to wash close to the Grand Mosque in all sides by the latest system at the time.
In the year 1376 H was added a sliding scale of the Kaaba, and it was an envelope inscribed with silver and gold. In 1377 was the restoration of the Kaaba, and replace the old roof top a new roof, and kept on the underside of the roof after renovation and change the damaged wood in it.
King Fahd bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud laid the foundation stone of what is known the largest expansion of the Grand Mosque since fourteen centuries project, the two zero 1409H corresponding to September 13, 1988 m, and included this expansion added a new part to the mosque from the western side, and benefit from the top of the mosque roof, which reached area to -61 thousand m2 – Astaab greater number of worshipers bringing the total capacity of the campus of the million and a half million worshipers. As well as the construction of minarets Jdidtan total number of minarets to be on time, up 9 minarets 89 meters of the minaret. It included expansion to add a new building to the campus, consists of three roles Blodhavh to the surface reception increases initialized in the Hajj and Umra, and it was the ground floor area of 18 thousand m2 height of 4 meters, and the role of the first area of 20 thousand m2 height of 9 meters, and the role of the first loft area 189 A 2 m height of 9 meters. It was provided with expansion-conditioning system of the building, and set up a centralized cooling plant cans chilled water 450 meters in Ajyad area does not affect the comfort and safety of worshipers, and consists of six floors and contains the latest devices (processing units and machines Shab pumping) and linked to the station Baltusah tunnel extends inside Payment clouds of water a diameter of 1100 mm pipes in both directions .ouchmlt expansion Foreign squares processing, including the remaining arena on the one hand a small market, and the square in eastern Almsay a total area of (85.800) m2 enough to accommodate (195.000) serum. And become the Grand Mosque area inclusive of the mosque building after enlargement, the surface, full squares (356,000) m2 to accommodate about (773.000) serum in normal days, while in the pilgrimage times, Umrah and Ramadan increases absorption of campus to reach more than a million worshipers . Expansion also includes building a new president input, and 18 normal input, in addition to the entrances of the current Grand Mosque, and the number of three entrances boss, and 27 normal input, has been designed to create new entrances to the basement, in addition to the current four entrances. The expansion includes the building of minarets also Jdidtan high (89 meters), are alike in architectural determination with seven minarets minarets guestrooms. To facilitate the arrival of waves of worshipers to the surface of the expansion seasons were added two blocks for mobile staircases: one in the north of the building Altusah.walakhr in Jnobh.omessahh each 375 meters Mrava.oihtoa two sets of escalators, energy each group (15,000) people in Asah.adhavh to two sets of escalators within the confines of the building on both sides of the main entrance of the expansion has escalators are designed so that in addition to the units hard stairs eight pilgrims and worshipers traffic service at peak times, especially the elderly without Aina.obzlk bringing the total number of buildings escalators 7, spread around the perimeter of the campus and expansion to serve the pioneers of the first floor and the roof. The number of columns per floor Baltusah 492 columns, all clad in marble. Here’s expansion Makki Mosque (in numbers): The costs amounted to Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques project to expand the mosque Haram al-Sharif (b Mecca), including the expropriation of properties (30,178.181.775) SR, ie (165 818 316, 11) dollars.
King Abdullah expansion of three major axes, the first is the same expansion of the Haram al-Makki, to accommodate after expansion to two million worshipers, and the second foreign arenas, which contain water, walkways, tunnels and other supporting facilities which operate on the traffic flow in the entry and exit of worshipers cycles. The third The area of services, air conditioning, power plants, water plants, etc., and expansion space up to 750,000 square meters.